A hotel management group with multiple locations across Michigan submitted natural gas invoices from all the major Michigan utilities in response to Reliable Energy’s bill assessment program offered through the Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association.
Our initial evaluation of utility invoices for this hotel group uncovered the following issues:
- One utility was charging a higher distribution rate to some locations.
- Supply rates charged varied from one account to the other with some fixed and others variable.
At the customer’s direction, Reliable Energy facilitated the following account changes:
- This utility was directed to move several accounts to a lower distribution rate.
- All variable rate accounts were converted to fixed supply rates with no exposure to market volatility.
With Reliable Energy’s assistance, the following results were achieved:
- Distribution rate savings of ~$2,000/yr
- Fixed supply rates provided budget certainty for future billing periods.